Print Friendly and PDF e-contents Radhanagari College: Syllabus_Optional English (BA I, Semester I)

Monday 28 August 2023

Syllabus_Optional English (BA I, Semester I)

 

B.A. Part I

(Discipline Specific Core) (DSC-A3)

(English Paper–I) (Semester–I)

Modern Indian Writing in English Translation

(CBCS with MEME in accordance with NEP)

Detailed Syllabus

·         Unit1: Short Story as a Minor Form of Literature; Characteristic  

           Features

·         Unit2: Short Story as a Minor Form of Literature: Types

·         Unit3: A) Premchand’s ‘The Shroud’

 B) Saratchandra Chatterji’s ‘Laloo’

·         Unit4: A) Gurdial Singh‘A Season of No Return’

B) Fakir Mohan Senapati ‘Rebati’

Pattern of Question Paper

Total Marks–40

Q. 1. Multiple choice questions with four alternatives.                      (08)

(To be set on Unit 3&4)

Q.2 A) Answer the following questions in about250-300 words.        (08)

(A or B on Unit 1&2)

Q.3 Answer the following questions in about 250-300 words.           (08)

(A or B on Unit 3or4)

Q.4. Write short notes in about 100-150 words each.(4out of 6)       (16)

(3 short notes on Unit1,2 and3on Unit3,4 to be set)

*Note: Semester I: 10 Marks for Internal Evaluation: Home Assignment

*     *     *     *     *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Group Discussion

 (e-content developed by Dr N A Jarandikar) GROUP DISCUSSION ·          Group Discussion: Q. 3 (A) – Marks: 08 ·          Group Discussi...